CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pet Rock Fish



I think my kids have found the very best pets a mother could ask for. Right now many of you know we have this "lovely" dog Harley that the kids refuse to get rid of but don't actually pay any attention to...hence Harley has now become my dog (just what I wanted). Anyways, they are always asking if we could get another pet. The requests range from a rabbit, to a hampster, fish ect. and my constant reply is "No, sorry we can only have one pet at a time". But two days ago they actually came up with a pet I just couldn't say no to. They were working in the garden and they each picked up a few rocks and came running into the house screaming "Mom, we need water our new pet rock fishes can't breath unless they are in a bowl with water!!!!" I did everything I could not to wet my pants laughing. I rounded up three small tupperware containers filled them with water and whala...instant pet rock fish. I think I might actually have a new item to sell on ebay. I mean who wouldn't want a pet that requires no food, makes no noise, and can be "returned" at any moment. I should have thought of this a year ago when they were hanging on my leg begging for Harley!!!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Hey Amberley,
I know you havn't posted on here for years, but I am hoping that the comments go to your email!
I have a random favor to ask, my mom's 56th Birthday is Tuesday and I really wanted to see if I could surprise her and gather 56 memories of her from people in her past. I thought if you and your mom could message me back a memory or two of my mom I will print it out on paper and put it in an envelope as if sent from you. When all is said and done I hope to put 56 different "letters" from 56 different people together.
I know you are busy and this is VERY last minute but if you have time between now and tomorrow morning and would like to contribute I know she would be thrilled to have a memory from you and your mom.

I hope everything is going great with you and your beautiful family!!