CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Life Comes At You Fast




I guess Allstate wasn't kidding when they said life comes at you fast. Kelton will be turning six in about 2 months and has officially "kicked me out". He came downstairs into the kitchen today and asked me how to spell "only" and "boys" and then told me he needed 2 pieces of tape. I played into the little game and got him what he needed and helped him with the spelling of the two words. A few minutes later I went upstairs to find this sign stuck to his door. On one hand I was crushed, on the other hand I was trying so hard not to laugh. He, along with Jackson and another neighbor friend informed me that the sign said "No moms allowed, only boys". If you look closely you can see a picture of what resembles a woman with a big slash over her. I asked if this was me, to which Kelton replied, "It's all moms, not just you." A few minutes later I asked if I could get something out of his room that Kennedi needed. He said "Sure mom, but only if you ask." Then I overheard him say to his friend, "It's okay if MY mom goes in my room". In my head I'm thinking "How many moms are coming in and out of your room?" I am hoping this is not the beginning of my teenage parenting years!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey Amberley, This is Kristi Loveridge Higham!! I found your blog through various other blogs from high school friends...don't ask me how! Your family is adorable! You are living in Oregon now? Last I heard was Vegas, but that was like 4 years ago. What a cute family. It's good to see you're doing well. My blog is krandy.blogspot.com. You coming to the reunion this year? Not sure yet if I am!

Hardin Family said...

It is wonderful to see pictures of your family. I had no idea your kids were so big! What a beautiful family.

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

I'm ready for the Mexico pics! Start downloading. :)

stacie said...

EAGERLY AWAITING PICS FROM YOUR TRIP :)